17.3 Mile, Time Trial Mountain Bike Race
Race Starts 6/11/2017 at 08:45am
Applegate Lake, OR
* Race day registration will cost an additional $5.00
* Please read carefully before registering.
Start Time: 8:45AM
Start Location: Hart-Tish Park, Applegate Lake, OR
Finish Location: Hart-Tish Park, Applegate Lake, OR
Race day packet pickup at Hart-Tish Park, starting at 7:00AM (Packet pick-up/Registration closes at 8:30AM)
Mountain Bike Trail Rules
All riders are expected to follow the industry-supported MTB code:
1. I will yield the right of way to other non-motorized recreationists.
2. I will use caution when overtaking another and will make my presence known well in advance.
3. I will maintain control of my speed at all times.
4. I will stay on designated trails.
5. I will not disturb wildlife or livestock.
6. I will not litter.
7. I will respect public and private Property.
8. I will be self-sufficient.
9. I will not travel solo when bike-packing remote areas.
10. I will observe the practice of minimum impact bicycling.
11. I will always wear a helmet whenever I ride.
11. I will not wear headphones while I ride in a race.
About This Event
This 17.3 mile mountain bike course has views across the lake of the majestic peaks of the Red Butte Wilderness and surrounding Rogue River National Forest lands. Applegate Lake is at its best this time of year, full with fresh spring run-off. You may compete as a Granite Man individual or as a three-person team with each team member doing one of the segments.
This race will be run as a time trial so racers will start at 9am and ther riders will be sent off in intervals.
Participants will utilize 12 miles of single-track, 3.5 miles of pavement and 2.5 miles of forest roads that follow the fingered shoreline. It includes many short, moderately difficult climbs and a lot of very fun undulating terrain. There are two steeper climbs encountered which are about 0.25 mile long each. The trail is never too technical but it is definitely challenging. The single-track trail surface is mainly decomposed granite and you can expect some rocks and possibly windfall. There are numerous side streams you’ll cross on wooden bridges. All course intersections will be well marked.
This year’s racers will receive, Tech-T’s, goody bags, an event after party with beverages, snacks, food vendors, music and some GREAT, free raffle prizes for participants. All are welcome.